Apologies for how late this is, but I wanted to share two more anonymous contributions to a question...

Apologies for how late this is, but I wanted to share two more anonymous contributions to a question I answered earlier in the week!

Question: “Hi… I don’t use tumblr all that much, but when I do it is to look at this blog. May I ask how to decipher Shakespeare? I enjoy it’s complexity and how it’s beautifully written… but i would like to enjoy it a little more by understanding it. Thank you.” - Anonymous (original post and answer here)

  • “Hi! If it’s okay to give one more suggestion to your anon regarding understanding Shakespeare, a college teacher once told us that even if you don’t understand Shakespeare, KEEP READING. He has a way of repeating things and you’ll still be able to get the jist of what’s happening. Also, keep reading. Like with other things, you have to practice to get good at something. Keep reading and familiarize yourself with the words and it will get easier. Good luck :)”
  • “I find the Barnes & Noble Shakespeare editions to be helpful too? They have the left page for footnotes, and the right page for the text, and they’ll have a little mark next to a line with a footnote  so you don’t have to search the bottom of the page for them! Plus if there’s a weird word, they generally have another make & put the meaning of the word before the line itself. It’s very organized, and also has sections about themes/various well-know productions/adaptations & historical context!”

Thanks so much for your wonderful input, my dear anonymous contributors! 

Related post



0 comentários:

Postar um comentário

+