I was eleven when I fell in love with Shakespeare

My family has taken a trip to London and we visited the Globe Theater. We paid five pounds to see As You Like It. It was there that I fell in love being the only out of our group to understand what was going on. My aunt gave me her copy of the Complete Works of Shakespeare afterwards which I loved and cherished as it introduced me to his plays. 

I knew then that literature was something I would be devoted to. Catherine Tate’s, Lauren Cooper video with David Tennant was how I memorised Sonnet 130, which I can still remember. However It wasn’t until I studied Much Ado About Nothing in Year 8 that I remembered my love of Shakespeare - so much so that my friend began to nickname me Beatrice. Ever since then I’ve looked forward to Shakespeare units in school, read the plays that weren’t required of me and nerdily had to explain the links between movies like 10 Things I Hate About You and She’s the Man to my friends.

Related post



0 comentários:

Postar um comentário

+