Like everyone else, I had heard about Shakespeare and read R&J in freshman year but that’s not...

Like everyone else, I had heard about Shakespeare and read R&J in freshman year but that’s not when I started to appreciate Mr Willy Shakes. In my junior year of high school there was a class that was started called Shakespeare: tragedies and comedies, along with the next semester being histories and problem plays. I got into the class because I knew the teacher and she was cool but I began to really enjoy the plays we read. That’s when my love for Shakespeare started. I had a lot of fun there because we also went on field trips to Staunton, Virginia (for the Blackfriars theater) and DC (for the Folger library and theater) and Blackfriars increased my love for Shakespeare due to the audience interaction. I’ve been out of high school for a year now and I’m disappointed in myself for not reading more of the plays but I still love Shakespeare and I know I gotta get back to Blackfriars to watch more.

Related post



0 comentários:

Postar um comentário

+